Thursday, May 24, 2012

If Only (Revised)

‘Your body is a pure reflection of the
balance of thoughts that you think’ –
I read these lines over and over with
great sorrow, suffering a headache
caused by taste addiction to quick
pick-me-ups
 
Attempt to break enslavement
sitting still and avoiding sensory
stimulation, but for words on paper
and illustrated screen – terms
do not sing, meaning unrelated
to spelling and sound
 
The sole sensation in unalloyed
boredom of being ensconced on
a back-straightening high chair
with air-con’s soft susurration
and random voices relaying
information on work problems
 
If I had metaphysical thoughts
to lift me up like a spiritual Indian
Fakir my body would be happy to
exist in limbo without experiencing
any kind of sensory stimulation, a
sense of taste the one loss
 
It makes me think I’m alive - the
official lines on death, destruction
and fraud leave me cold – dead
in my chair – dying some more

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...