Monday, May 14, 2012

Tuesday 15 May 2012

How can I even start to concentrate when my mind has been mashed
into a pulp by emotion and not a spark of intelligence is left so I have
nothing to think with? Descartes said ‘I think, therefore I am’ - but
professor Damasio – of the Phineas Gage case – said it should
be ‘I FEEL, therefore I am…’


I Know My Problems! (Revised)

They create TV series showing people under
emotional stress continuing their work – well,
according to books people do that, probably –
ideally – but I can’t, I can’t do a thing

Reality is unbearably powerful and big, my
alternative universe is small, unreachable, high
hopes I had of being able to deal with this day
evaporates under that heady realisation

No problem at home has been resolved, only
clearly labelled, painstakingly filed – for later
attention – meantime, I have work on my
desk – yet my mind refuses

To complete circuits required to bring about
logical thinking, looking up things and writing
down lines; but at least I know my problems
are psychological

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...