Friday, May 18, 2012

An Admiring Compliment Or Two (Revised)

I’m no pedestal pusher, everyone’s free to
choose their own shortcomings and failings,
and they can treat me any way they want

I relate to people’s positive features, show my
upbeat face – if rejected I’m not slighted, liberty
is freedom to do what inner choices dictate


When I find a kind being taking unbidden time
to help me solve my problems I remain loyal
to that memory

When also gifted, I pay homage to an inner fire
that never obliterated a loving disposition willing
to come to a stranger’s aid


From this time on events come naturally, I may
be admitted to their company or forgotten
but I will not forget,

My affection and delight remains, firmed by
taking fine memories into eternity, creating
opportunities for more wonderful experience

Through thorns and thistles I’ll go – my spirit
safe in warm memories, while I learn valuable
lessons from all else; so take my hand

Now trouble makes your life misery allow me
to help you through even when you have only
room for a mischievous smile

or an admiring compliment or two…


[ORIGINAL:]

I do not put anybody on a pedestal, everybody
is free to have as many shortcomings and failings
as they please and treat me in any way they feel
I shall relate to the positive aspects in everyone
and show my positive side also and if they prefer
to reject it, I shall not feel slighted as liberty means
the freedom to act in whatever way inner choices
dictate – and when I find someone kind and brilliant
who takes time, unbidden at first, to help me solve
my problems, I remain loyal to that memory
When that person is gifted also, I pay homage to
the inner fire that never obliterated that loving
disposition willing to come to a stranger’s aid

From this time on that person can do what comes
naturally, admit me to their company or forget me
but I never forget, I keep my affection and delight
alive determined to take the best memories into
eternity, to create more opportunities for the same
wonderful experience as I continue on my way
though there be thorns and thistles ahead

My spirit will be kept safe by these memories, while
I learn valuable lessons from all else; take my hand,
now that problems are making your life a misery

Allow me to help you through even when you have
only room for a mischievous smile or an admiring
compliment or two…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...