Thursday, May 24, 2012

What Is So Fearsome (Revised)

In my book I don’t live where Tiffany, the
sixteen-year old witch is suddenly safe as
her enemies turn out friends, with only one
menace left, an old ally of all witches once

Defeated by gloating Granny Weatherwax
when Granny was young; a plot change too
quick, pivoting from abject misery of a
showgirl who cared deeply for her family

And suffered under an unmasked bully – so
my high-tide emotions have nowhere to go;
what to think, those threatening Tiffany now
friends, one enemy left – an eyeless man

Without soul who awoke in Wintersmith –
but he too is exposed and I am again left
perplexed; the delicious horror of vague
dread tames into two-dimensional images

Of just one good universe with one threat,
a nondescript escaped convict without
credibility or menace, now what on Earth
is so fearsome about that?

I Shall Wear Midnight – Terry Pratchett

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...