Thursday, November 10, 2022

Eyes Shining In Expectation

I can’t sleep - again - having a spring roll,

samosa and chips for dinner after feasting

on quiche and ice-cream during the day - a

sure-fire way to ensure that Morpheus won’t

come for me, can’t close my eyes, can’t lie

down because my back has changed into

 

concrete and my head’s filled with swirling

mist, due to breaking dietary rules, eating

the wrong food is just like self-flagellation -  

though insisting on preparing bland dishes

when all around me take-away food events

are proliferating - is boring and dull, dealing

 

with a burning headache afterwards - even

seems more interesting than leading a neutral

life without culinary delights, just to be able to

sleep which holds the possibility of nightmares

also: if only the Muse would visit me when I’m

sleepless like this - but tonight the pain in my

 

head is the only kind of excitement I’ll get,

it would have been grand to announce that

I would learn through pain not to do it again,

but I’d only be fooling myself, the moment a

new dish was proposed by the mob - I’d be

there, eyes shining in expectation to discover

 

what new taste sensation awaits; breaking

free from enslavement to the magic of food

makes non-physical life seem so attractive,

no more computer-mind required to do the

thinking, just pure awareness while sinking

into bliss - at least, I hope it will be so, that

 

I will have confessed my sins before

departing this earth…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...