Friday, November 18, 2022

Have Adventures Galore

After reading my children’s book I realise that I feel

like a child, wild and inspired with a head full of air,

older people usually read grown-up books filled with

cynical & dark grown-up ideas & experiences, while

my children’s books make me feel the world is new

 

And so am I, I don’t feel my age at all, I want to play

and romp and daydream and laugh and tell jokes -

then when my peer group starts talking about the sad

world with serious demeanour and responsible faces,

I feel fidgetty & bored & I conjure up a young heroine

 

To be a substitute me and have adventures galore, I

used to feel guilty about this, but since I don’t have to

do serious translations with boring research anymore,

I’m free to daydream as much as I want & not feeling

old is the best feeling there is… 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...