Thursday, November 10, 2022

Impressive Sunglasses

With my beloved depressed it is best I stop giving advice,

I should only ever give myself my advice - though I seldom

follow it; at least he does not get angry with me as he does

when I offer solutions to problems he loves - if he has pain

 

In his eyes after watching TV, beware, when I recommend

that he move away from the blinds and the light of the sun,

he gets angry reminding me of ‘Men are from Mars, Women

are from Venus’: John Gray suggests NO offering solutions

 

Just listening when anyone complains; but that’s difficult, we

both love offering solutions - and he gets angry when I don’t

follow his recommendations - while he immediately tells me

‘You’re a fool’ when I tell him what to do, he only wants me

 

To commiserate - admiringly - while he chants his laments

from behind his impressive sunglasses worn in the house…

 

[Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus  - 1992 book

written by American author & counselor John Gray]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...