Thursday, November 10, 2022

Ian's Intervention

How I managed to get conned into singing on Anne-Marie’s

wedding I’ll never know, by that time a few abortive attempts

should have been enough to warn me I couldn’t do it, but no,

I went ahead & practised, only my brother Ian’s intervention

 

Prevented the song from destroying the wedding - or me - I

doubt whether I could have contributed to the outcome of the

long years of wedded bliss ending up in divorce - but on that

day I got up to sing and found my breath gone, as if the devil

 

Himself had punched it out of me - thank heaven Ian saw and

jumped up in one briiliant move - to sing the song so I could

follow him - and I cannot thank him enough, the question is

why did I consent to singing for Anne-Marie after a disaster

 

At another wedding when mother played a song and I could

not sing along - but Ian saved the day, thank you so much!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...