Tuesday, November 1, 2022

One Of The Lancre Witches

Finally made peace with the fact I’m so old I can only

attend a Diskworld get-together as one of the Lancre

witches, satisfied with my wearing long black tights I

felt set for my role until I noticed my big toe peeking

out left and right feet - the tights are very old indeed

 

And realised that putting together a witches’ outfit will

take a lot more trouble than I’m willing to go to, besides,

I cannot be satisfied with being Goodie Whemper or

Gammer Brevis, I’d like to be Lady Time - but then

Wen the Eternally Surprised will be wasting my time

 

Lobsang Ludd would be a demanding son - so maybe

I can play at being Lily Weatherwax, that ought to be fun,

if only Susan - Death’s granddaughter - were old enough,

I could be riding around on Binky, Death’s excellent horse

while ordering curry up high near the sun...

 

[Terry Pratchett: Diskworld series]

https://wiki.lspace.org/List_of_Pratchett_characters#Lancre_and_the_Witches

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...