Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Starting To Master The Art

Relaxation, letting go, being less self-aware & less

self-condemning, stop trying too hard, and learning

to follow natural impulses, to meditate: washing the

dishes while listening and swaying to music, reading

 

Stories using words like ‘beguiling, gambolling and

gargantuan’,  watching dancing on TV - adoring the

Quickstep, Chachacha, Charleston and Salsa, and

laughing at funny analogies like “giraffe wearing a

 

Thong” and “swishing downstairs doing the rolling,

mincing walk fashion models affect” & delighting in  

beautiful things, the fluorescent grass when the sun

shines its silver light on it after the rain has gone -

 

Listening to a beautiful song sung by a full-bodied

voice under perfect control, every note formed and

finished with exquisite precision; watching programs

revealing exotic life deep in the ocean’s abyss - the

 

Mantis shrimp, fishes with a transparent head so its

eyes stare right up to the surface above - things so

enchanting, beguiling and beautiful; I have trouble

turning my eyes back to the routines of normal life

 

Learning not to force my discoveries on others who

define beauty and happiness in other ways - being

content to enjoy the experiences by myself - which

means learning to respect the opinions of others -

 

That is my job, that is how relationships with other

people work and I’m starting to master the art…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...