Thursday, November 10, 2022

Only A Melody In Music

I love so many ideas, but the material realisation

of these ideas do not hold any appeal, as ideals

these ideas are wonderful, but the manifestation

of these gives me the creeps, so it makes sense

 

That Lord Vetinari would love studying music in

written form while finding the actual performance

of these compositions offensive, in his books Sir

Terry Pratchett describes this concept clearly -

 

I wonder whether he also knew of a solution to the

problem, whether a ballet could be so ethereal, it’d

present a magical fairy realm without physical reality

intruding, maybe only a melody in music can meet

 

The requirement of being a pure idea, I would love

to be a specific melody, bright and nostalgic at the

same time - changing in texture & meaning when

played on different instruments in different styles

 

Only the sequence of notes remaining unchanged

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...