Thursday, November 3, 2022

Survived With My Sense Of Humour Intact

Watched a political satire today, I know who it is aimed at

and I hate such a way of belittling other people - the one

being so nasty and self-congratulatory has fallen from my

good books forever, I shall not even mention the movie

 

As that would give it media attention which it does not

deserve for attacking people I admire, trying to make

others look bad and presenting religion as stupid and

sad, is prejudiced behaviour revealing the perpetrators

 

As hateful and unprincipled, luckily I survived & chuckled

a lot, though it was for the thinly veiled political caricatures,

not the silly plot - glad we got this out of the way - and I was

duped into taking out books presenting sensitive subjects

 

With all the aplomb of a chicken where a feather would

have sufficed - à la Terry Pratchett - the author must be

smirking as she is lurking at the side of her characters

revealing them as exploited beings in this reader’s eyes

 

Once again I survived her version of vermilion shades with

my sense of humour intact, I hope every intelligent reader 

gives her books short thrift also because that is all they deserve…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...