Friday, June 26, 2009

Another Mental Conflagration

A Russian roll increases sinus headache for
which I take Sinuclear, then Sinumax for allergy,
hoping two witches’ brews will kill each other –
bring about a state of increased health
and improved energy

Yet my ears swell, fatigue rises; if I continue this
way I’ll be forever half asleep, my work will never
be done, the only thing I’m good at right now is
sleep – that is, if I don’t eat an Alice-in-Wonder-
land cake and stay awake

Isn’t life brilliant, everything we do to rectify
a mistake turns out to make situation worse
until a full-blown catastrophe knocks our planet
out of orbit, the magnetic poles shift and another
mental conflagration destroys our inner world?

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...