Thursday, June 25, 2009

Jumpstart My Feelings

I have no book to read, I’m so tired,
fatigued, I have no book to read; oh
yes there is a Terry Pratchett, I have
read it before, then Charlie Bone by
Jenny Nimmo, but it leaves me cold,
I’m so tired; I’ve been tired before

Oh so many times, fighting against the
need for sleep, looking for energy– but
just now I can’t think; reading a political
document not helping at all; jealous
complainers not understanding
about visionaries

I’m tired, cannot say anything new, my
characters will not perform for me, I feel
nothing, nobody home, heroines all gone,
no hero about; winter is taking its toll,
even though I played a schoolboy to-
day; nothing is left, I’m empty inside

Where is my inspiration - where are my
characters, I can’t work or concentrate
without them; I need them back, need
a dream at the back of my mind,
please, awaken my heart, jump-
start my feelings, tell me things

That will create hope – without hope,
without dreams, without another
dimension, I can’t go on...

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...