Monday, June 8, 2009

My Head’s On Fire

All is well, therefore I’m lying on my arms
all is well, don’t worry about loved ones
all is well, the clouds covering the sun
all our colleagues, everyone, our friends

our new minister welcomed by muffins
all is well, I cannot get up, cannot move
cannot do anything at all, no problem
all is well, I believe it’s true, there’s no-
thing else to do, nowhere to go, nothing

to say, neither hope nor faith is required,
it is a fact of life – all is well, though my
head’s on fire, a big, red, burning ball
this is my problem, private, confidential

nothing to do with anyone, does not upset
anything, has no influence anywhere, does
not require attention or comment, just carry
on, immobile, catatonic, being here

just being here, all I can offer, it is good enough
all is well, sometime or another my system will
also show it - until then, sitting quietly, getting
heavier, sinking lower, deeper in my chair

all is well, my heart should know it and let go of
despair, unfounded, unfair, a lie, a falsehood,
though my tank is empty, if I wait long enough,
it will come to realize all is well, there is no lack

Anywhere, it is an illusion, life is beautiful, my
eyes will discern as soon as the lesson
is learnt – all is well, no need to care…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...