Monday, June 29, 2009

Let The Masquerade Begin

Debussy is making the sea roll in my ears
in disjointed fits and starts, a storm at sea
wind building up, discouraging, my job is
not a meditation with this noise boiling
lifting and falling in my ears

Mantovani will be called upon to bring calm
to the raging sea, the noise is unbearable
I don’t want to be in the open-plan office -
correction; I don’t want to be in my body, I
don’t want to be me today

Wherever we go we take ourselves along, I
want to develop a different consciousness
filled with inner harmony and peace, tuned
into mediation and visualisation – yet life is
teaching me to seek equilibrium

In every set of circumstances, life should be
a journey towards greater awareness, but I’m
not making good progress; I believe we have
been created for the purpose to love and to
be loved, but doing a translation

In order to impress my supervisor while never
receiving feedback or comment from the client
is just like school, an empty academic exercise
that is meaningless in the end, nothing changed
in the world, no contribution to beauty

I do not enlarge awareness or enlarge the fount
of good, my treasure chest of wise sayings and
spiritual ideas are empty still, my voice, my life,
my existence are meaningless in these empty
moments playing Monopoly

Follow arbitrary rules, throw the dice, check the
outcome, pick a word, write a sentence, give the
client an idea of the original document and hope
to God your supervisor agrees with at least a
quarter of your vocabulary

At the end of the month we’ll pay you a certain
sum and you can buy medication that enables
you to continue playing the game of doing
nothing important or meaningful all day
long, master the art of bureaucratic

Doublespeak and obfuscating, procedures to
be followed to make sure forms are filled in
although they do not reflect any part of
reality, they are just for show, let the
masquerade begin…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...