Sunday, June 28, 2009

Join The Fairy Dance

Sunday Night 28 June 2009

Feeling ill after the meal, trying
various activities, reading and
watching TV, nothing works -
pressure in my head

A piano on radio is playing bliksem
and donderen, I’m feverish - red as
a beet, end up staring at my picture
of dancing fairies - if only

I had the magical ability of Charlie
Bone, the hero created by Jenny
Nimmo, to enter pictures, I would
love to join the fairy dance

The picture brings peace and calm,
enchants with its shiny glitter, small
dancers in snow- white dresses,
diaphanous wings, long hair

Blowing freely in the wind, a
bewitching scene...

(bliksem and donderen: lightning and thunder)


F.A.K. liedjie: ‘soetjies, ligte voetjies, kom die feëtjies
Sag; goue lokkies, silwer rokkies het hul almal aan...’

Jenny Nimmo “Charlie Bone and the Time Twister”
Egmont Books Ltd

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...