Friday, November 12, 2010

Inner Commentary

Consciousness stream is very well, but does not
always work for me: firstly, I am trying to flee
from my own inner commentary

Secondly, I am listening in on the consciousness
stream of Commander Vimes with too few input
from the Patrician Veterinari

And Arch-Chancellor Mustrum Ridcully; lacking in
female perspective, a real whodunit with Sam Vimes’
voice talking incessantly is not a good idea

Every book with him in the main role is tiring, when
you reported reading and finding it boring I was
surprised because I love Discworld novels

Now I see what you mean, approving your honest
opinion, I prefer ‘Equal Rites’, enjoying this: ‘Humans
think of all sorts of things on all sorts of levels

Always interrupted by biological calendars; Thoughts
about to be Said, Private Thoughts (I'm plagued by
these) Real Thoughts , Thoughts about Thoughts

Subconscious Thoughts in an FM waveband, some
stations have Outlawed Pirates on Forbidden Seas
playing limbic lyrics' - followed an illegal waveband

Some time ago - got into such trouble - I shall
endeavour not to act so rashly again - see the
book called “THUD! A Discworld Novel”

[“Equal Rites” Terry Pratchett, Doubleday 2005,
quoted from p. 68]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...