Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Careful Sum

I thought my feelings under control, but
when I said something you disliked and
you shouted at me, refusing my apology
and it happened again just recently

And I heard you advising another guy not to
insist on talking if his girl did not want to listen
while you always continue without stopping - I
manage to listen by taking a million pills –

I felt feelings stirring again - but I have made my
calculations, the positive aspects of your life weigh
more than the negatives, as long as I learn to obey
and not say or do anything when told to keep quiet

And agree to whatever you insist on without regard
for personal space, which is a meaningless concept
when taken per se; unlimited freedom is boring and
having no-one to fight with is much worse

Than angry outbursts, your unconditional support for my
projects, allowing me time to read and write, while you
help me with so many things, make up for shortcomings
- I must learn to fight the dragon of self-righteousness

I can easily give in regarding most issues, then I have the
energy to win the important battles in all things that really
matter; life is a question of wisdom in weighing-up various
perspectives, a careful sum of pros and cons…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...