Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Voice I Knew So Well

Today I pressed my face into my document
started working on it like a drunk soldier in a
mad regiment, then small signs indicated my
feelings were not yet dead, though I cried
about losing my mind

Sinking lower I kept typing away, words of pain
expressed in a sad context, yet I was beyond it
as a voice I knew so well kept me aloft, did not
leave me to fall into the treacle well where
progress is always reversed

Though I tried to sink down some more, velvet
feelings encircled my heart and pulled me up,
despair recognised and exorcised, old dreams
rushing back, fantasies came to my aid,
a friendly voice

Became the ointment I needed and lacked
that is what special people are for, someone
who accepts that I need special help to get
through the cold emptiness of a life without
fun and games...

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...