Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Belcerebon from Kakrafoon

Spell-bound by Douglas Adam’s account: the Belcerebon
people from the planet Kakrafoon caused resentment and
insecurity among other races being the most enlightened,
accomplished and quiet civilization in the Galaxy

They were punished for their offensively self-righteous and
provocative behaviour by the Galactic Tribunal inflicting a
cruel social disease on them: telepathy, consequently, to
prevent broadcasting every thought to everyone

They have to talk loudly and continuously about the weather,
aches and pains, football matches and everything else while
lamenting the continuous noise required to blot out their
minds, they felt compelled to host the noisy

Disaster Area concerts, an explosion of noise and sun flares
exposed an underground river changing the desert into a
garden which gave rise to theories on music’s healing
power – I am suffering the same symptoms

I keep listening to loud music on my earphones to blot out my
own mind, though I am convinced no living human can pick
up my thoughts and only worry about the opinions of non-
physical entities – but since they never contact me

I cannot find out what that might be, so I trust the explosions
in my ears to blot out my angry reaction to people exercising
their lips in order to stop their brains from working, will also
expose an underground river of spiritual thoughts

To turn the desert of my mind into a garden also…


The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide – Douglas Adams
pp. 252, 255, 256

1 comment:

Poetry From The Creek said...

Lil sis, maybe inflicting a telepathy punishment on flowers in the mind's garden because they are too beautifully mute might be the answer to thwarted poetic aspirations! Hang in there ... Igorevich

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...