Monday, November 29, 2010

Make-Over Women

Started off marching to the beat of my
favourite music in the thirty degree
Celsius heat, fatigue leading to my
adopting a more rhythmical step

Beetroot red on my return, admiring
photos of make-over women after
twelve hours of beauty treatment,
reflecting it would be wasted on me

Hanlie wryly observes looking desirable
indicates lack of brain activity, twenty
layers of makeup would run into my
eyes, hair extensions would lead to

Profuse perspiration, besides, looking
desirable to find self-confidence another’s
eyes instead of in my own heart is not my
life’s dream, I want to look energetic

Strong, happy and confident, full of joie
de vivre, I want to radiate the delight I
felt on discovering the following claim
of quantum physics:

Looking at the world changes it while
what I see is changing me; I confess
sad lack of desire to sacrifice time
for grooming, my only desire is

The ability to have fun in all required
activities, finding poetry or new insight
in official documents; communicating
joy by a happy smile

Living a quiet life symbolising contentment
and the opportunity for creativity in new
visions, Hollywood pays for sexiness,
selling self-respect and integrity

For popularity; I wish someone would pay
me for making fun of Interpol texts, the
funny opening line “Being a member of a
criminal organisation” actually means

All government employees are guilty - I want
to bottle receptiveness to absurd comedy and
the ability to laugh at the world for our
conceits, then take long swigs

Whenever life seems too serious and boring; but
looking desirable with its requirement of sitting
still for hours while being made up, living a
sedentary life not to mess up that look

Unless a camera crew and make-up team trace your
every step, would make me as paranoid as Lady Gaga
who says evil spirits are tracking her progress, I
am sure they do, she takes sensitive apparatus

Wherever she goes to keep track of them; that’s what
money and stardom do to you - I shall just remain in
my seat and follow Hanlie’s directions in relaying
a boring Interpol text in bureaucracy’s
pedantic English…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...