Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Young Vogsol Sun

I have forgotten the feeling of delighted surprise
experienced on reading about Prostetnic Vogon
Jeltz from the planet Vogsphere where evolution
gave up on the horrible green creatures from the
primeval seas under a young Vogsol sun

I’m laughing, magic all around while the cynical
Douglas Adam recounts the terrible Vogon history
the unhappy millennia until Vogons became the
backbone of the Galactic Civil Service; yes, our
Civil Service is Vogonite also

Just as my entranced eyes refocus, I read about the
Dentrassis, an unruly tribe of gourmands, a wild but
pleasant bunch – sounds just like my colleagues and
me when we go camping for a new Mission and
Vision Statement experience, I’m lost

Floating from my seat, trying to work while my spirit
is dwelling in a Vogonite universe, to annoy Vogons:
Feed their grandmothers to the Ravenous Bugblatter
Beast of Traal, no, I must laugh aloud, then the most
important thing: Never allow Vogons

To read poetry to you - there goes all my pretensions
of trying to write poetry, enamoured of the Vogonites
Vogon poetry is the chosen genre for myself, oh, I
cannot work when this delicious delight is waiting
to be experienced, giving up all attempts

To look busy, I fall into a reverie…


“The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide” Douglas Adams
Omnibus edition, Wings Books, 1996
Quotes taken from pages 33, 34 & 38


ORIGINAL:

I have forgotten the feeling of delighted surprise
and fascinated horror experienced on reading
about Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz from the planet
Vogsphere where evolution gave up on these
horrible green creatures from the primeval
seas under a young Vogsol sun

I’m laughing, magical dust sifting down while the
cynical Douglas Adam voice recounts the terrible
events in Vogon history, the unhappy millennia
until Vogons became the backbone of the Galactic
Civil Service – yes, our Civil Service is Vogonite
also, just as my entranced mind calms down

A description of the Dentrassis completes the process
of bewitchment, an unruly tribe of gourmands, a wild
but pleasant bunch – sounds just like my colleagues
and me when we go camping for a new Mission and
Vision Statement experience, I’m lost, floating from
my seat in the restaurant where I’ve been reading

Trying to work in the office while my spirit is dwelling
in a Vogonite universe, the best way to annoy Vogons:
Feed their grandmothers to the Ravenous Bugblatter
Beast of Traal, no, I must laugh aloud, and then the
most important thing: Never allow Vogons to read
poetry to you - there goes all my pretensions

Of trying to write poetry myself, I am enamoured of
the Vogonites, Vogon poetry is the chosen genre
for myself, oh, I cannot work when this delicious
delight is waiting to be experienced, I give up all
attempts to look busy and fall into a reverie…


“The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide” Douglas Adams
Omnibus edition, Wings Books, 1996
Quotes taken from pages 33, 34 & 38

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...