Friday, November 26, 2010

Crocodile Dreams (Rev.)

Floated skyward on inner fire engendered by
my first translation from Arabic script, retyped
a text for Google’s machine translation,

Exactly recreating each mysterious Arabic letter
surrounded by strange dots and curlicues, when
the first word appeared, I was overjoyed

First time timid little Alien in my mind allowed the
crocodile to devour text and use numbers to find
concomitant symbols

I was stupefied, crocodile satisfied - repeating
over and over: “The Little Alien has to go…” –
but I know I cannot throw it out,

Timid Alien is part of my psyche, the only member
of my menagerie who ever consents to do routine
administration and other boring jobs

Without it the crocodile would spent its life in tears,
now it chews on marvels of the universe while little
alien softly sings, playing Cinderella, electronically
filing texts, never bothering with crocodile dreams…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...