Thursday, November 11, 2010

Self-Serving Behaviour

The road to hell is paved with good intentions
as Rincewind and Eric* discovered when they
saw the stairs on which a good intention was
written, I took that path while descrying it to
others, felt smug and virtuous while trying to
realize my good intentions just to discover I
have ended up in hell

Those I tried to assist are dissatisfied, trying to
overcome my natural personality I became guilty
of so many transgressions, pettiness, jealousy
and inconsistencies – today I am safely arrived
in hell, brought here by descending the staircase
of good intent, this experience is meant to teach
humanity to stop their idiotic attempt

To live an altruistic life, Ayn Rand said we could
only do that by jumping into the cannibal’s cooking
pot so as to become his dinner, we must learn to
simply exist and do our own thing, if anyone I tried
to assist was smothered by my misguided attempt
at kindness and is sharing hell with me, I offer my
apology, from now on I shall try to

Live life as it comes and NOT by applying idiotic
intentions making me just as guilty as Hitler and
anybody else who ever tried to serve his favorite
causes through idiotic self-serving behaviour…

“Eric - A Discworld Novel” Terry Pratchett

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...