Monday, November 15, 2010

Utterly Alone

I have no power left, the document sapped
all my strength, I have been sucked into the
nightmare world the author describes, I hate
the fact that words create atmosphere, that I
cannot escape their power when forced to
deal with texts containing evil ideas

I cannot remain aloof, though I love this power
when lovely texts take me on flights of delight,
I am devastated when things I detest are forced
on me and I cannot switch off this resonator in
my head causing me to become one with the
text, falling into the author’s rabbit-hole

Without means of escape, enveloped in the
reality conjured by their words, I grow ill,
dare not complain because everybody says
it has never happened to them, isolated in
this experience, no-one has a remedy as it
is an alien idea, advising me to keep quiet

Switch off feelings and work like a machine
I cannot tell anybody about this event when
they reject my experience as impossible, too
tired to fight back tonight, sinking into the
darkness where everyone is utterly alone

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...