Friday, November 19, 2010

Mists of Witrivier (Rev.)

A rainy day in mists of Witrivier – as I
remember them: Anne-Marie invited me
to visit her home, we arrived at dusk
soft mist enhancing lush green

wearing a long black skirt and silver top
I felt a fairy lost in a strange, magic land,
her home resembled mine, her dad sang
songs ‘It’s the whiskey. you villain!’ –

We laughed, enjoying joviality, her brother
stood outside the car, drove with his feet on
the steering wheel, it was a new experience
as a child I seldom visited except for family

Mist cast enchanting sheen over everything
we did while trying to come to terms with
our new status as first year students, first
time on my own, alone and far from home

Whenever mist shrouds the world, I recall
the thrill of that lovely time, long for the
delighted expectation of that first visit to
an enchanted, misty realm…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...