Friday, November 5, 2010

Being A Sister

Playing many different roles, the one I like most
being a sister to siblings, when my brothers falter
in their steps it is easy to support them, don’t have
to do anything, being there is all it takes

There are too many rules, too many exigencies, too
many requirements I cannot meet in all other roles
but as a sister I can be who I am, no subterfuge,
not trying to be better than I am, without fear

Because siblings share the same genes, same short-
comings, same fears, I never fight my brothers for
anything, never deal with jealousy, never fear
they misunderstand me - we are the same

Talking without words, reading each other’s minds
no need to meet high standards, no trying to be
someone else, no need for acting as with
everyone else because they are different

It is hard work to serve other people, to meet their
expectations, but my brothers read me like a book, I
need not cover up annoyance at the world as it is or
restrict my conversation to a few delicate subjects

I can explain my terrible ideas because they cannot
be shocked by me– they have felt and thought all that
I can come up with - we can laugh at the world for secret
reasons without doubting each other

I accept that what my brothers do is right simply because
THEY have done it, what they say is good enough simply
because it was said by THEM, everything they claim
accepted unconditionally, they owe me nothing

Since they understand me they don’t have to do anything
when I’m around, I don’t have to say a word, we share ideas
telepathically, when they get hurt, I take their part and fix
the wounds so there are no scars…

For my brother, wherever he is and whatever he is doing…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...