Friday, June 29, 2012

From Four In The Morning


Getting ready to face the long drive from
four in the morning to Kliptown in Soweto
by carefully investigating the library and
finding ‘Und Don Camillo Mittendrin’ by
Giovanni Guareschi and to be very safe:
Paul Gallico - a charlady nearly wrecking
international relations in order to help me
get into the spirit of things, as well as my
all-time favourite - Which Witch - by Eva
Ibbotson - to keep my mind fixed on the
wickedest wizard to balance formality of
polite protocol - I can travel anywhere on
earth with these books in my hand, heart
and mind safe against anything life might
bring, warmly ensconced in my dreams…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...