Sunday, June 17, 2012

Language Of Emotion


Amazing - the cushion given to and
rejected by the dog works perfectly
to lift me higher on my new red chair,
I spilled pepper on the library book I
read during breakfast, returned to the
crypt-like silence and freezing cold of
the open-plan office, wrapped myself
Peruvian style in a blanket still smiling
about my book’s cosy domestic scenes
and breaking the tedium by listening to
The Merry Widow on my earphones

While trying to recall stern advice given
in Covey’s book Principle-Centred Leader-
ship, setting priorities - not deviating one
inch to become a full-rounded person, not
allowing the language of feeling to deafen
the language of logic - I just succeeded in
growing rounder by eating a powerful meal;
but my heart is light and my life has meaning,
hope that counts for something when the final
trumpet call sounds at the end of my life and
that my overusing the language of emotion

Will be forgiven...

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...