Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Messy Incumbent



















Sitting in the open plan office I try to keep my mess to a
minimum: with five extra garments against the cold and
a pair of warm shoes that I had to strip off as the office
heats up, with my permanent fixture office jersey, the
blue jersey I wore this morning, sleeveless camp top

My big black man’s jacket, extra pants and socks &
plastic bags in which I brought cold water and lunch;
my work station is starting to look like pig sty, it really
feels like home from home, every time I put my plastic
doll away, I go into shock, thus doll house theme stays

My pink blanket and story books and dictionaries, if only
it was possible to keep it all neat; my bright red new chair
cleaned from crumbs glowing like a lighthouse,  the illegal
fare of pies causing me to glow from inside also, everything  
conspires to mark me a messy incumbent today…


[I must confess that my mind is just as messy if not even 
worse, so the messy presentation is an excellent illustration 
and enactment of the total confusion and disorder in my head]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...