Wednesday, June 6, 2012

156 Steps (Revised)
















 156 Steps

We ascended 156 steps nearer
the sky to get fresh air when
lunch-time wandering – awed at
others running by, striving to get
fit during their lunch break

I only need strength enough to get
to the library and my colleague
reserves renewed for tackling
fuzzy sentences taught in those
weird education documents

I return to a madman’s rambling
informing the President he needs
money in order to change the
appointment of Attorney General
I am too hungry to care less

Exercise without eating’s not such
a good idea, 156 steps means I
need to eat immediately!


[Walking before eating is self-defeating]

6 June 2012


[ORIGINAL]
 
One hundred and fifty six steps
we climbed, my colleague and I,
nearing the sky ascending up high
wandering lunch-time to get fresh
air - wondering at others passing
us by in running kit determined to
get fit during their lunch-time break

I just want to be strong enough to
make it to the library, my colleague
only wants to renew energy reserves
to tackle the fuzzy sentences taught
in education documents while I return
to a madman’s rambling informing the
President he needs money in order to
change the appointment of Attorney
General - I am too hungry to care

Exercise without eating not such a
good idea, one hundred and fifty
six steps and now I need to eat
immediately!

6 June 2012

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...