Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sigh In Relief


Blithely my spiritual guru declares, happy smile
on channellers' face, hands swinging in the air:
the difference between sickness and wellness
is determined by the amount of time it takes us
to figure out how to feel good when seeing a lot  
of things that make us feel bad; I have seen so
many things that make me feel bad lately, I do
not know how to begin to feel good again
 
The only saving grace is laughter and humour, a
high-ranking official recently declared: Criminals
should feel unwelcome in South Africa - which
means most of the country’s inhabitants - from
educated, sophisticated white collar fraudsters to
violent, uncouth street thugs - should feel unwel-
come in our own country, including all politicians,
what a marvellously funny idea - her remark
 
Was cause for great mirth in a world where most
everybody has joined criminal cadres for survival,
where dishonesty, laziness and lack of integrity
are actually rewarded – and I sigh in relief - at
least it means there is room for me…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...