Monday, June 4, 2012

Living Gracefully (Revised)

Titbits from interesting books, Attitude
as Priceless Possession; Codes of Love –
learning civility and respect might be
as far as one can go, but good progress –
Are you strong, compassionate and well-
prepared enough to become an authentic,
loving presence in your family, to expose
yourself to insults, openly declared lack of
respect, blame proliferation and never-
ending recriminations?

Living conditions, level of education, (good
or bad) luck, financial situation and well-
being don’t determine attitude; people have
a capacity to be positive under every possible
circumstance – when facing a new problem
we weigh facts, define alternatives and live
gracefully with the solution, we needn’t keep
reprocessing our decisions continuously, we
can adjust to any lifestyle changes

These texts make it clear I am not strong
enough to be a presence in my parental
home; I cannot breathe toxic fumes of
irrational hostility against all that seems
noble and good to me

Attitude – Your Most Priceless Possession –
Elwood N Chapman

Codes of Love – Transforming Your Relationship
With Your Family – Mark Bryan

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...