Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Reading Being My Link






















Why is it that neither Rhyme nor Reason can help me now:
feeling ill, Rhyme in notorious doldrums without immediate
cause thus Reason cannot claim jurisdiction – unless this is
a food problem, marinated chicken on Sunday, had to rinse
oven pan three times with boiling water before running clear
from black, oily ooze; maybe my system requires three days
at least to process this sludge also, eyes swollen - all mental
effort causes pain - scared of everyone suspecting they see
me as non compos mentis, a simpleton, the way I feel, if only
I could hide away until I was human again BUT anxiety keeps
me riveted to my chair

Rhyme and Reason – As described in “The Phantom Tollbooth”
By Norton Juster – reading being my only link to sanity

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...