Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Daydreaming


 

The friendly ladies in our local library had fixed my expired
cards electronically, I can borrow books again although the
security guard advises me on eyeing these seemingly illegal
cards with a suspicious mien to have the dates changed but
in delight I hold my favourite books, marching down the street
visualising my own pantheon of gods amused  as I try solve
my own family predicaments by reading books and quoting
freely, I hear Elwood Chapman complaining to them “She
quotes me without using inverted commas!” Mark Bryan
steaming “She does not give context and situation” while
Daddy-Long-Legs just smiles indulgently and says “One day
she might do better but for now this is good enough” and
Professor Higgins says “As long as she has the grammar,
syntax and pronunciation right, I don’t care about the rest,
just like the French, she can do anything as long as it is
elegantly expressed” and Mary Poppins admonishing them
“Now, now, do not indulge this human being in her mischief,
she must learn to apologise” while Lois Lowry smiles wide
“Ah, I see she is reading Anastasia Again” and all the time
Terry Pratchett looks smug as he sees a new copy of “The
Light Fantastic” lying on my desk….


No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...