Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Round Peg In Square Hole


Principle-Centred Leadership a brilliant dissertation on the
difference between values (maps) & principles (compasses)
and the interplay between Security, Guidance, Wisdom and
Power; I recognise the noble and balanced personality Covey
describes in favourite fictional, literary and integrity characters:
 
Dr Serfontein, Elizabeth Bennet, Mr Darcy, Jane Eyre, Charlotte
Bronte herself, Mouche in Love of Seven Dolls, Victor Frankl,
Richard Wurmbrand, Shantaram - mine has ever been a quest
to find personification of WISDOM in life, the meaning of
principles as SELF-EVIDENT and UNIVERSAL
 
Stephen Covey presents this information beautifully, I loved the
course in ethics we did at university BUT it was childish and this
is more sophisticated, I understand so much better after my life
experience - I am mature enough to realise that few people are
interested in principles; politicians do not even know what
 
The term PRINCIPLE means, artists have neither the time nor
the inclination to find out because it is all about sublimating
feelings - I have been trying to conquer my feelings for ages,
having been born with artistic dreams, been fighting my own
nature to become principle-orientated
 
I have not been successful, I developed a great admiration for
principles and dream about these; this is light-years away from
Covey’s POWER and WISDOM – at least I have the capacity
to pay homage to great ethical things, though I can’t change
my nature, my passionate feelings, I understand WHY
 
I cannot sublimate my feelings and become a successful official
in a corporate assembly-line organisation – insight is consolation
indeed, it helps to know why I’m a round peg in a square hole…
 
Principle-Centred Leadership by Stephen R Covey


No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...