Friday, June 1, 2012

Mood Swings (Revised)


This is the new mall in Nellmapius you don’t know
anything about, she texted loftily as I waited for her at
Irene Mall in the specific spot she’d said previously
 
The Pick & Pay place, hurry, we’re waiting, I overshot
the mark – no, she said, slowly as for a brain-dead child,
you drive down the road to the LIBRARY and turn –
 
LEFT, I guessed, NO, she replied, RIGHT, I drove down
Nellmapius, struck heavy traffic, called her again, we’re
waiting at Irene Mall, she said imperiously,
 
Made an illegal U-turn back to where I started, fuming at
the mouth – let the fury go when I saw her and her loved
ones, a pitiable sight,
 
I had coffee with her - she tried to FORCE me to come
visit – which I cannot given my fear of her inexplicable
mood swings getting worse

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...