Saturday, September 3, 2022

Biblical Methuselah & How To Live Life

Biblical Methuselah

My first swim in the spring, ice in my ankles and feet,

the delightful cold as I dived in, the sandpaper sides

of the pool changed to satin, the sensation of ice-cold

water covering my head and freezing my brain, then

 

Swimming with my head held out of the water, feeling

renewed, no rain as yet and dust everywhere, then

getting out and shuffling with frozen ankles on frozen

feet, the after-effect is delicious and tomorrow I’ll dive

 

Again, how clever I was when I asked for a pool to last

after retiring from work, now I can swim when I want

even if I grow as old as a Biblical Methuselah!

..........................................................................

Showing Amira How To Live Life

There is a Prince who proves that

Plaisir d’amour dure toute la vie

if you so choose - while Chagrin

d’amour ne dure qu’un moment

.

If at all and telling his wife ‘I love you’

with good-night kisses, listening with

understanding & compassion - while

offering support and forgiveness

.

The Prince always appreciates &

compliments his wife, giving her

flowers, has empathy with her

feelings & treats her with utmost

.

Respect & show interest in all she

does, sharing her likes & dislikes -

never runs off after disagreements

without resolving these; therefore

.

They live together as one - showing

Amira and us how to live life in love!

.

[Phil Drayton’s Advice on his 48th wedding anniversary]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...