Thursday, September 22, 2022

An Avalanche Of Delight

Diving into the waves, diving into the cold September water of

the sea - discovering how wonderful this is, the waves breaking

over me, then drifting upon champagne-bubbling crests right on 

to the beach, rising up and turning around to face the sea -

 

Another wave of icy water rushing towards me, the sensation of

sun-heated skin suddenly sinking into the icy breakers and the

very strength and force of the powerful waves warming all of

me - except my ankles and my feet, running back into the sea

 

On frozen feet for a challenge posed by an unstoppable rushing

of the water burying me in an avalanche of delight carrying my

weight within its bubbly iciness, and I love it - adore fighting for

my breath, getting up again and rushing back, repeat, a strong

 

Wave rolling me into a somersault, another one throwing me

down upon the sand, the next  wave kindly rolling me towards

the beach - there is nothing to compete with this sensation as

I roll with the sea’s powerful energy and become one with the

 

Breakers rushing to and fro, never stopping - and finally I left

because the sun was growing dim, a cold wind blowing strong,

with the memory of what heaven on earth felt like, to keep me

company through all my days afterwards… 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...