Thursday, September 22, 2022

The Way Life Worked Out

Whenever we talk, you say, Can we please talk about something else?

Which means to me, you don’t care about my heartbreak, my sorrow,

my problems, my doubt, flushing RED I immediately feel guilty and so

change the subject to money, to weather, to cars; you need not share

in my sadness and the only people who would share these would be

 

Those who need my money; to defraud me by feigning an interest in

things that hold even less interest than for you - so anyone who says

 POOR IDIOT, your HUSBAND FAILED YOU - is actually saying that

he/she/it would fail me even worse ‘cause they don’t even know me;

yet they try to imply they would be able to understand my worrying

 

About things they know nothing about - so there is no-one to turn to,

no-one to confide in, no-one to apply ointment to my broken heart -

thus life is as it should be: a well-meaning person who does not under-

stand me versus a self-serving exploiting egoist out there, where-ever,

who will play the role of understanding for the money-interest - thus

 

I stick with you who take good care of life & who do not care to know

my heart - and I probably does not understand yours - that is why you

keep on telling me the name and wonders of every woman you adored

at work in the office; they moved you in a way I never can, it is all-right;

I’ve  made my peace with history - and so many of the young girls have

 

Decided they would never get married, our own daughter included, just

because they saw how life worked out for their moms…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...