Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Never Remove The Patina

According to Drew Pritchard of Salvage Hunters the patina

as in encrustation and dusting on anything is beautiful: on

statuettes and copper pots, now I find that my clothes also

enjoy advantage of dusting as all white fabrics are stained

 

A rich copper brown by the dust invading my house and as

I use my trusty bar of Sunlight soap I remember Drew said

never remove the patina, it will get dirty again and it gives

character and history to all the beautiful things he likes to

 

Buy on his travels to find the most original things, but alas,

my clothes are not pretty at all and scrubbing is the only

remedy to salvage some of these pieces without looking

like an escaped prisoner from the Gulag or Lubyanka; but

 

I’m afraid it’s too late to save me from my fashion faux pas,

doesn’t matter what I wear, I still resemble Babka the little

old lady from the fairy tale who had the wisdom to use her

three wishes wisely - what I would do with three wishes is

 

Anybody’s guess, yet I suspect it would all end up in a very

big mess, I’m thankful I’m not offered a chance to bring this

over myself as better clothes will not change me into a lady…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...