Monday, September 12, 2022

Something That Changes My View

My enthusiasm ought to be boundless by now, first you threatened

that I must sweep all the floors, then you bragged about your going

to mop these very floors with Clean Green - then Floor Tile Polish -

and I should be delighted that you are going to do so much, yet I’m

not, with my current allergy headache I’m just surviving my life, no

joy in anything happening - especially housekeeping - because the

 

Day afterwards the effect is lost, my first thought is ‘Let me repeat

the process’ and my second thought is ‘Why bother, it won’t last till

tomorrow’ - I’m really not all that thrilled about sweeping floors any

more, endless repetition without lasting effect seems such a waste,

but wait: that describes ALL physical action, runners and swimmers

have to exercise every day in the same way to keep their muscles

 

Trim and their power growing; this explains why I have never been

a sports star, never made it to the gym - endless repetition for the

joy of being alive, endless jumping up and down never inspired me,

I’m sorry to say, I love discovering something that changes my view,

my perspective, obtaining new insight: it’s a pity we need be physical

to make this all happen - but at least I love swimming, the ice-cold

 

Sensation of freezing water is delightful - and swimming in the sea,

riding the waves, is the most wonderful sensation there is!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...