Sunday, September 11, 2022

Sticking To My Guns

Now the psychological wars have begun --- I dared to say

I wanted to visit my sister and brother-in-law on their farm

and you said the dogs will scratch your wonderfully bright

new car, I said but my brother-in-law might not be with us

for very much longer because he takes Lyrica poison and

 

You lectured me on the fact that everyone of us will die, so

why should we go to see him, then you made an idle threat,

you would cancel the holiday right here and now expecting

me to back down, but all you did was adding fuel to my firm

decision to visit with sister and family, ignore your insistent

 

Psychological warfare - once again perplexed by the total

childishness of your refusal to accommodate family - but

as you stomped out in silence, clearly determined to wear 

me down until I say we must visit nobody - I simply agree 

you have thrown down the gauntlet, I accept the challenge

 

Of sticking to my guns until this war is won... 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...