Friday, November 6, 2009

Laugh Out Of Depression

When I was at school I often felt
like this – filled with emptiness –
then I used to read old Reader’s
Digests and magazines, library
books, poetry anthologies –
anything to pass the time
until I could feel better
again

When I was small, I climbed a tree,
sat on the rooftops, read the En-
cyclopaedia; as I grew older,
I read books prescribed at
school, most of them were
ever so awful – in order to
pass through feelings of
black meaningless
misery

No solace in human company, to-
night I made notes from Carpe
Jugulum, started on Anastasia
Morningstar; hubby enraged
about bungling at work, a
cricket game gone awry,
I have been alone in
myself all day

Emptiness in my heart,
nobody filling the
hole left by the
feeling of
nothing-
ness….


******* ******* *******

After dinner I feel better, listening to
Staal Burger, warm in the happy
knowledge that Alet ordered the
DVD of the Daan Retief movie,
I can’t wait to laugh again, the
first time I saw it, I laughed
myself out of depression...

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...