Sunday, November 22, 2009

Never Sing In Public

*
Listening to my voice recordings,
kept to remind me never to sing
in public, sounds awful, to think
I inflict this on my family

It is a wonder they still tolerate me
now it makes sense why Tiaan al-
ways offer me pills to silence the
noise, my voice sounds terrible

I shall sing softly to myself, never
expose others to this; this dark day
of punishment has been saved by
Pratchett - Unseen Academicals

I love his irreverent definition of
poetry: get a girl kindly disposed
to make her take off her vest
comical humour at its best

I love his critique of society, beautiful
Juliet paid for causing dreams, no brain
required; soccer hooliganism, men with
whips creating fighting machines

When humanity does away with whips,
rules and regulations, replacing it with
respect for freedom -

A new civilization would come about for
the first time - life would become
worthwhile for people like me...
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...