Monday, November 30, 2009

Serve The Privileged

*
Self-righteous people dream luxuries
insist on pension increases, oblivious to
underprivileged needs

self-centred people assert the President
satisfy desire for more provisions
clamour for more than there is

unconcerned that the unemployed
survive through crime, illegal needs
and dreams, condemned to go without

rich demand more benefits – how can
I presume to relay trite, self-centred
requests of the replete

underprivileged cannot eat, nowhere
to sleep - yet affluent complain they cannot
travel, need medicine as they grow weak

I cannot force myself to serve privileged
greed while homeless starve, people
live in opulence ignoring the plight

Of the slums...
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...