Friday, November 20, 2009

Words Twirling In a Tune

*
For years I lamented the fact
that I could not motivate myself
to master the self-effacing art of
being an efficient government official

Expressing the meaning of a source
text in clipped, precise English; I felt
like death when my brain followed the
rhythm and metre of the sentence

Singing words as melodies in weaving
lines, instead of meticulous meanings

I cannot embrace the reality you rejoice
in because if I do, I will accept my failure
as administrator as the final definition of
me and my life – and I believe

Life is so much more than the facts that
define the failures of my life - my mind
loves to offer me words twirling in a tune
I refuse not reject myself for that offence

I love my brain and all its aberrations, I set
my brain free although it refuses to follow
the rules and regulations of official life; as
a child I hated my brain for letting me down

In becoming successful at being small, today
I embrace myself as I am, this is a fantasy
come true, fantasy means everything
to me and I shall remain loyal to it

Because it brought me happiness as well as
you, my brother-in-arms, who opened up
a universe of understanding for my
non-standard behaviour!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...