Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Freedom Is Everything

My department revels in diabolical schemes
a thank you letter for doing my job, average
performance of relaying boring documents
in a heathen script, producing assembly line
Victorian English renditions of words killed
through use without accomplishing anything

not conveying uplifting theories or useful
ideas, with the ashes of being average in
doing nothing in my mouth, I sit in my chair
and revel in the idea that I work in heaven,
given my colleagues who suffer my unholy
presence in their carefully constructed

haven of total control, they should have
kicked me out ages ago as being unteach-
able, it goes to show that the supernatural
is operative in my life, magic powers are
active on my behalf to make space for me
in sensory reality where I don’t belong

I have to nail my consciousness to the ground
stay away from my natural habitat, dreams and
visions, in order to live within routines based on
subjective beliefs; I accepted this hateful letter
congratulating me with being a brain-dead human
being with a dead-pan face, I cannot revel in

the success of creating an imitation of a totally
colourless, catatonic, word-destroying human
being; the letter is an insult which still preserves
my role in the game of charades that allow me
escape by motivating me to fight against the
chains and manacles that chafe every day

I cannot give in and become a good official,
however much I crave accolades, I cannot
sell my soul, oh wait – I’ve given my soul
away ages ago when I decided that
freedom is everything…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...