Saturday, November 14, 2009

Comfort, Love, Cold Ideals

I did not leave the headache the same
my escape mechanisms worsened the
situation, I am supposed to catch up on
work or carry out domestic duties, but
with this kind of pain I am hunting for
medication and looking for beautiful
things that will lift my spirit beyond the
pain into another dimension where
physical conditions won’t count

The logical question is why not follow
a diet to evade the allergy, the answer
is such discipline kills all joie de vivre,
impinging on every move we make so
that even the good times turn bad –
therefore I accept the periods of pain
as payment for the good times, then
even the bad times are good, I read
books that transcend the pain

Listen to special tunes; music and words
are sacred to me, a special way to escape
my allergic body, I keep the avenue safe
by looking past everything that makes me
unhappy, the allergy makes me unhappy
enough; at things that make me think good-
feeling thoughts, I respect the right of
others to ignore my allergy in their
focus on things that they like

The allergy motivates me to take a positive
view of everything, I need all the help I can
get to guard against a mind confused and a
pained system I have been fighting since
childhood, as a child I set ideals above all,
as a grown-up I learnt to value comfort and
love more, being a fanatic fighter against
myself is the loneliest place I have been
- I prefer human society to cold ideals...

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...